Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Debbie Downer


That’s me today.  Well, the past couple of days!  Debbie Downer, Negative Nelly…..  however you want to put it…. I need to vent!  Bear with me, please.  J
Our wonderful caseworker (for real wonderful…. I’m not being sarcastic here) is finished with our home study!  She has been for a little while now.  She has stayed in touch with us and has been super encouraging.  LOVE her. 
But our sweet case worker has been waiting for OVER A MONTH on a simple LOG-IN from our adoption agency.  She needs this in order to SUBMIT all of our HOME STUDY stuff so it can be approved!!  Grrrr……  There have been some “major changes” at our agency- - which includes staff turnover.  I get it.  That happens.  But KEEP FUNCTIONING for cryin’ out loud!  Grrr…. 
So that’s basically it.  Well, in a very small nutshell.  I’m just bummed!  In my exaggerated imagination I can just see tons of birthmothers rushing through the agency's doors and flipping through tons of family profiles and ours NOT being in that bunch because of a simple stinkin’ thing like a LOG-IN holding us up!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I know, I know.  God is in control.  His timing is perfect.  All of this delay does not change the fact that He knows who our child is.  No matter what- - our child remains the same. 
It’s easy to “know” that but my frustration and fretfulness is setting in!  Ugh.  Not fun.  I’ve been “waiting” since December 2009 to be a mommy.  Please, Lord, let it come soon.  Please.
Okay, that’s it for now.  Sorry to be so down tonight.  Yuck.  I’ll check back in when I have GOOD news!  J
"Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times." Romans 12:12 NCV

2 comments:

  1. Mallory, hang in there! Completing a huge project is often followed by some melancholy. Getting to the finish line has motivated your use of time for a while now. This delay, which is out of your control, may just be a convenient target for the loss of purpose you are experiencing. You may need another goal to work to fulfill.

    Pray for wisdom. Find a need to fulfill. Build a plan and lean into it. Your joy will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete