Monday, February 6, 2012

Good news, Bad news

I was trying to wait and post when I had some good news…. 
Well- - I have some good news and bad news.  Let’s go with the good news first.
We received an email from our case worker last night that she was “FINALLY” able to Log-in to our agency’s system.  YAY!!  She said this meant that she just had to copy and paste all of our info and “TADAA”!  (That was our good news.)
For some reason I felt like I needed to hold back on celebrating just yet.  This was the news we were waiting for but something just didn’t feel right.  I was afraid we’d have yet another hurdle to jump through. 
Well, guess what.  L 
Our case worker (let’s call her CW) emailed us tonight and said that she was talking with another case worker (we’ll call her CW2) this afternoon.  Our CW said that CW2- (whom we’ve NEVER met and is a “new hire” to our agency) thinks that- - “some changes need to happen to your family profile, that hopefully you’ll be able to do without having to make new ones.  She seemed to think that was doable.”
Okay…..  DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THIS?!?!  These are the “Family Profiles” that we worked on for HOURS and HOURS!!!!!!  Not to mention the fact that we spent $87 on the REQUIRED FOUR “FAMILY PROFILES”!!!! 
They “cut us loose” with a page of guidelines which we strictly followed.  What in the WORLD would need to CHANGE?!  And “HOPEFULLY” the change can be made without us having to make new ones?!?!?!  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Y’all- - my nerves are shot.  We BETTER not have to do new ones!!  I will FREAK out!!
She sent this email at 4:30pm today.  We did not get it until after 5pm.  Why in the WORLD would she think that was a good idea- - to leave us with that vague statement just for us to fret over it all night?!  L  So- - I emailed her hoping to get an answer tonight. 
My email was simply this:  “Do you know what changes she thinks we need to make??  We followed their list of guidelines. (deep breaths)”.
I got a reply from her already, which was exactly this:  “I will let you two talk about it, I know she plans to call you soon.  All in His timing!”
What.  In.  The.  World!?!?!?!?  And why have CW2 call me?!  She’s not our case worker!!  I’ve never met her!!  I am honestly so angry right now.  We are clearly emotionally invested in this whole process and encountering all of these “snags” just trying to officially WAIT on our child is beyond draining.  
You always hear that in your adoption journey waiting is the hardest part…….  Well if it’s harder than TRYING to wait- - Lord- - please help me now.
I really hate that I’ve had such negative updates lately.  L  Surely things will turn around soon.  Surely. 
"...after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."  ~I Peter 5:10 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment