Monday, January 30, 2012

Emotional Day

Although we are STILL waiting to hear that we are “OFFICIALLY” approved and “WAITING”…..  Erik dropped our Family Profiles off at our adoption agency today!! J  I asked that he please “document” the special occasion. 
He respected my wishes!  How sweet.  J


So this was clearly an exciting day!  It was gorgeous out.  It was sunny and 60 degrees!  I mean, come on!  Gorgeous!  I woke up this morning very excited knowing that our profiles would be handed off to our agency and READY for birthmothers to look through them as soon as we’re “approved”.  (Hurry up already!!)  I had a productive work day and even worked with the windows open for most of the day. (One of my favorite things!)
After Erik dropped our books off he texted me the two pictures above.  Tears immediately filled my eyes.  I was so excited and emotional!  I didn’t expect to cry!  I called him and of course insisted on him giving me step by step details of “what happened” when he got there.  Haha!  Silly me.  Erik’s response:  “I gave them the books and they loved them.” 
*Crickets*
I was like- - “I need more than that!!  What’d they say?? Who was there?? Who’d you give the check to??” ETC….  haha!  Bless him.    
Later today, I went to Target to pick up a few things.  I was strolling through the store when I heard a baby cry.  Y’all- - - - this made me ACHE.  Like an empty, hollow ache.  It was the sweetest little cry.  I literally hurt...  From the inside out.  I turned around to see a little bitty baby and a little bitty mommy holding her close.  I smiled at her, fighting back tears.  Of course the baby was adorable.  (What baby isn’t?!)
Each step that I took felt slower than the last.  My mind was starting to wander.  My heart was filled with disappointment and grief.  What in the world?!  Earlier I was so excited to be a step closer to our child….. and in that very moment I was so discouraged and missing our child….. our child that we haven’t met yet.  L    
I’ve had an emotional day to say the least.  Like I said- - the day started out GREAT!  But tonight, here I am, crying over this keyboard mourning the fact that I am not a mother.  *sigh*
Correction:  I am not a mother...  YET. 
If I'm honest with myself, I think a lot of my hurt tonight is stemming from not knowing how much longer we'll have to wait to meet our child....  BUT.....  I need to continue to strive to be more like the "good/noble wife" described in Proverbs 31....
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."  ~Proverbs 31:25 NLT
Here’s to hoping I get all my tears out tonight and have a POSITIVE day tomorrow!  I am aching for our child.  I love them so much already.  How can you miss someone you’ve never met?!  Well- - it’s possible, folks.  And it stinks.   
As always- - thanks for reading and for your support and encouragement.  I love y’all. 

8 comments:

  1. i just love you mallory. i feel similar with the whole husband thing sometimes...waiting isn't for the faint of heart. i know that. and you know that. love love love you and now i know what to pray for. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, sweet Leslie. Thank you for your prayers. I'll be praying for you too!!xoxo :o)

      Delete
  2. Mallory this post reminded me so much of that ache and longing that I felt before I had Ellie. Your time will come in God's perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being so open about your story. Emily and I definitely understand that ache but in the meantime Gods plan for our lives continues to amaze me everyday. We are praying for you and Erik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jared. We're praying for you guys too. It's such a painful season we're all in but you're right- - God is still incredibly amazing.

      Delete
  4. Mal - so sorry for your sad feelings. But excited that you're moving forward. Just think, someday that will be you in Target and another woman may be longing for her child while you hold yours close. Someday, you'll not only be a great mother for this, but you'll also be able to relate to others. Empathy is a bittersweet but needed quality in a friend. You'll provide that one day... along with a sweet, sweet love to YOUR baby. :) Much love and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. That will be a sweet, sweet day. :o) Love you.

      Delete