Monday, February 13, 2012

Velcro...and Love

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Erik revised his letter so it’s 1 page now.  I went to Kinko’s to print it on resume paper and take out Erik’s old letters and attach the new ones.  Here was my work station:

I was pretty bummed having to reassemble his letters.  Remember what a process it was the first time?  Fold, attach Velcro, attach embellishment and glue to page.  Okay, that sounds kind of easy…. But it wasn’t.  J  These pages (in the profiles) are slick so you have to press on the letter forever to make sure it adheres.  And here I was….. s  l  o  w  l  y   peeling the letters away making sure not to rip the profile book’s page!  eeeek!  (All of them came off without a problem, thank goodness!) 
While I was working on the books I decided to CHEER UP!  I thought about how I “sealed the letters with love” the first go around….. and thought to myself that this birthmother was getting a “double dose” of love!  J  Before I knew it the letters were attached and ready for Erik’s signatures!
Later that evening at home, Erik went to sign the letters.  He opened the first book and said, “Uhm.. honey??....”  By the look on his face I knew something was wrong so I rushed over to see what it was before he could get another word out.  The stinkin’ little velcro pieces had melted or something!  It was so weird!  They were sliding around and were extremely slimy and the sticky part had seeped through the paper!  Ugh!!  (I had used the left over velcro pieces that we used the first time and the ones on my letters were holding up just fine!)  I just froze.  I was soooooo discouraged, y’all.  Those letters were ruined.  L
I’ll admit, I shed some tears.  In that moment my thoughts were:  “Why does this have to be so hard?!”  “I can only stay positive for so long!” “Satan- you are on my nerves!!”  “I give up!”
Praise God that didn’t last long!  (Although Satan is for SURE still on my nerves..)  I just went today, got more velcro sticky things and printed Erik's revised letters once again.  Third time’s charm, right? J  Shew.  Let’s hope so.
On a happier note- - tomorrow is Valentine’s Day!!  J  Erik and I decided not to get each other gifts this year.  We’re just going to celebrate low-key.. Nothing extravagant- - but perfect.  We both took tomorrow off of work!  Yay!  We don’t have any plans except to just relax and hang out.  J  (We may go see a movie.)  ……  And here’s Erik’s little surprise for when he wakes up:
(Homemade heart-shaped chocolate rice crispy treats, Andes mints,
a lovely card and a fun list of "I love you more thans")

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!  Isn't love grand?  All types of love! J  Make sure to love EVERYONE a little extra tomorrow! 
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."  ~I John 4:7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment