Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Two Days, Folks!

Our Home Visit is THIS Thursday at 8am!!!!  You know how you feel when you have a project due for work or school or something and you just kind of freeze- - not knowing where to start?!?!  Well…. That’s me right now. 
I’ve been organizing the house for over a month so that’s done.  Also- - I must say that the house is pretty clean.  We’ve entertained a few nights over the past couple of weeks so we cleaned a little extra for that.  All of the “maintaining” type of cleaning will have to wait and be done Wednesday night (dusting, vacuuming, mopping).  I just feel like I should be cleaning nonstop and I’m not! ….. Oh- - I am going to clean the carpets tonight!  J  I wanted to paint the shutters and touch up some of the trim but Erik reminded me that they will NOT be worried about slightly faded shutters or chipped trim.  (cue nervous laughter… hahahaha) 
Oh- - and our Christmas decorations are still up!  J  I've been thinking I'd bake cookies or something for the caseworker but with her coming at 8am I'm thinking muffins or jelly croissants of some sort.  It'll just make it that much more welcoming and warm, right?!  J
“Treasure your home.  Make it sweet to see, hear, smell, taste, feel.  Sharing your home with others is one of life’s great joys.  Even angels like to visit other people’s homes.” ~Gloria Gaither
I emailed the adoption agency and asked for a checklist of some sort so we could know what to expect at this visit.  They emailed me back and apparently this visit is only about 1 and ½ hours and is primarily a “safety check”.  We have to make sure that we have working smoke detectors, a fire extinguisher and a carbon monoxide detector.  The caseworker will also assess our neighborhood, community resources (schools, recreation, religious, medical, etc) and we’ll talk about our file (the paperwork we already submitted).  They did not include child safety locks or electrical outlet covers on that checklist but we’ll get some just to have….. You know- - show a little extra effort/readiness.  J
I can’t believe that our Home Visit is basically here!  It’s in two days, folks!!  YAY!!  It feels like we’ve waited so long for this to be scheduled but really- - when I look at the timeline it’s not been that long.  J  We attended our 1st Adoption Orientation on August 5, 2011!!  And only 5 MONTHS later, we’re to one of the final steps before we’re placed on the waiting list!!  PRAISE GOD!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued prayers!!  Let’s continue praying our sweet angel baby HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment