Monday, June 4, 2012

The YES To Whatever I Need

Erik and I are all about learning new ideas/advice to enrich our marriage.  We love to discover new devotionals, attend marriage conferences, etc.  Although we take working at our marriage very seriously, we always find ourselves laughing through whatever we’re doing.  One example is that we did that “challenge” The Love Dare a little while back.  Remember that?  You had a new “love dare” for each day.  Things like-  write your spouse a note, cook dinner for your spouse, don’t say anything negative to your spouse today, etc.  We laughed our way through that book saying things like, “consider supper tonight my dare for the day.”  J 

Recently we read an article that had some good advice for couples to keep their marriage “fresh”.  One of the main things we took away from the article is to say “Thank You” to your spouse at least 4 times a day.  They advised couples to say “thank you” for specific things and let them vary day to day.  I was excited about this new challenge and we took it seriously for a little bit.  Now, Erik’s started leaving notes for me in the mornings like this:


"This counts as 1 of my 4 thank yous today... yes it does!"

J  He makes me laugh and for sure gets my days off to a great start. 

I guess this was just a long way to say that I am extremely thankful for Erik.  Life gets crazy and I don’t reflect on my thankfulness enough.  Because our relationship continues to grow and my love for Erik continually deepens, sometimes it’s hard to find the appropriate words to express my heart.  I recently got him a card that perfectly describes my feelings:

“You’re the LOW-KEY to my high maintenance,
The SLOW DOWN to my hurry,
The LET IT BE to my worry,
The UNWIND to my all wound up,
The SOFT KISS to my talk, talk, talk….
You’re the YES to whatever I need,
The answer to all I could ever ask for in someone to love.”

I love you, Erik.  You are the man of my dreams.  Thank you for being exactly what I need when I need it and for being so consistent with the true meaning of "love".

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  ~ I Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment