Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trusting In Advance

I’ve definitely still been on that rollercoaster of emotions lately.  Some days it’s hard to feel God’s love and that’s the worst feeling in the world.  I will say, though, that it does not take long for God to do something or use someone to encourage me like never before.  And that, my friends, is the best feeling in the world!  (See, there’s that rollercoaster!)
I’m always singing Erik’s praises and I’ll sing them again real quick- - He is just absolutely wonderful.  We used this past weekend to spend some good quality one-on-one time with each other and it was incredibly refreshing.  I’m so thankful that God blessed me with such a godly husband.  He is everything I need.  Being married to my best friend truly makes the “peaks” in life more enjoyable and the “valleys” more bearable.  Praise God!! 
We are of course still waiting on “THE” call.  As I mentioned before, we’re staying busy “controlling the wait”. 
Update on our P90X challenge:  Well, I made it a month and a half and Erik is still going!  It’s for sure hard and kicked my tail but more than that, I got B O R E D with it!  It’s super repetitive and I just got plain grouchy doing it!  Haha!  I’m really proud of Erik for sticking with it.  I, on the other hand, made the choice to still focus on my fitness, but in another way.  I’ve joined a Fitness Boot Camp twice a week for 6 weeks.  I am loving it so far, but of course it is HARD too!  I do love that I’m with a group of ladies, there’s variety to our workouts, our trainer is super motivational and there’s loud music during all of it.  I think this may be the very thing that gets me to enjoy working out again.  Yay!


Exciting news:  We’ve started on the NURSERY!!  YAY!!!!!!!! 

On Saturday, 06/16, Erik and I went to Lowes and picked out PAINT! 
"Sunspark" is the color!


After 7 hours and 3 coats of paint- - we were finished!

We couldn’t stand to wait any longer on getting baby furniture so this past Saturday, 06/23, we ordered some!!  Here’s the set we ordered (in Espresso)!  (It should be here in 1-2 weeks!)

We’re so excited!  It’s a 4-in-1 convertible crib (meaning it converts to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed).  The changing table attaches to the crib but can detach and be used as a nightstand.  And of course the 4 drawer dresser is just a normal necessity. 

That's about all the updates for now!  I'll check in with any new developments.  Ha!
Have a wonderful, blessed rest of the week!  
"I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse."  ~Philip Yancey

No comments:

Post a Comment