Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Next!!


Today is pretty rough.  Let me just fill you in…..


*On June 12, 2012, we were notified about a “potential adoption situation”.  This was an independent situation (in other words- - not through our adoption agency).  A 5 week old, African American baby girl needed a forever family.  We wanted her to come home to us so bad!!  We prayed, cried, prayed some more and applied to be considered for this baby girl.

And so did 19 other families. 

We were notified on June 19, 2012 that we were not selected to be this little baby’s adoptive parents. 

We were devastated.  


*On May 31, 2012, we were notified about a “potential adoption situation”.  A 6 month old, Caucasian baby girl needed a forever family.  We were ecstatic and extremely hopeful.  This was also an independent situation (not through our adoption agency).  We prayed, cried, prayed some more and applied to be considered for this little baby girl. 

And so did 57 other families. 

We were notified today that we were not selected to be this little girl’s adoptive parents….. 

What a terribly sad day.



I can’t allow myself to stay in this sad place for too long…. But for right now, I’m there.  Man alive, it STINKS.  The emotions of feeling “rejected” in so many ways are unbearable sometimes. 

My brother had some really encouraging words for us after hearing the news of our 2nd rejection…..  Here is what he said:

“One of my favorite words found over 180 times in the Bible that has gotten me through so many disappointments in my life: “next”.  Sometimes it helps to say it out loud for you and every spirit to hear:  NEXT!”

Bless his sweet heart.  I didn’t think there was anything that anyone could say to offer comfort, but his words did.  Thank you, Nathan.  I love you.

So here’s to what the Lord has planned for us.  NEXT!!


“God’s plans for your life far exceed the circumstances of your day.”  ~Louie Giglio

5 comments:

  1. I really hate to hear about your disappointments, Mallory. Thinking of you guys and sending up prayers! I love, love what your brother said to you! I might need to carry that around with me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are on the "other side" which doesn't help as much now, you will look at all the "Nexts" and be so thankful. God has knit your baby together in the womb, and that baby is perfect for you and Erik, and you are perfect for him/her. God gives MORE than we can ask or imagine. I cannot wait to meet your precious baby/babies. God will not hand you a stone or a snake when you ask for bread. He wants the children he created to be loved, abundantly. You and Erik are going to be amazing parents!!! Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, sweet Mallory and Erik. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you guys! It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all. We really appreciate your love, support, encouragement and prayers. We love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete