Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why??

When we are facing any type of disappointment, struggle, heartache, etc, we tend to ask, “Why are we having to go through this?”  or “Why me?!” or “Haven’t we suffered or WAITED long enough?!”


Well, my friends….  My brother had an excellent lesson last night at church and part of it was a beautiful reminder from I Peter.  Peter answers our questions of “why?!” so clearly.


“..Now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come SO THAT the proven genuineness of your faith…may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.  I Peter 1:6-7 NIV


Isn’t that so encouraging?!  We suffer all kinds of trials SO THAT we can prove that our faith is strong in the LORD!  


I refuse to dwell on why it seems like others don’t have to “prove” their faith.  Because they do.  Maybe not at the same time as I do, or even around the same situation as I do….  But we all face moments when we have to prove where our faith is planted.  And what an honor, right?  After all that He's done and continues to do for me?! 


There is no better place to firmly plant your faith than in the Lord. 


“All people are like the grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass dies and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord will live forever."  Isaiah 40:6–8 NCV


1 comment: