Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Controlling the Wait

Hi friends!!  I’ve been pretty absent from the “online world” lately.  Not intentionally- - I just go through phases like this.  J 

Unfortunately I have no new adoption news…..  We’re still WAITING!! 

As we were preparing to wait, we got told over and over by our adoption agency, “YOU control the wait.  Don’t let the wait control you.”  In other words, don’t sit around and wait….  Actively wait.

We have plenty of things in mind to keep us busy (I mean- - LIFE is busy enough, right?!).  We are saving for baby furniture, shopping for baby furniture, brain-storming about decorating ideas for the baby's room, shopping for paint colors, planning a vacation, etc.  We were planning on painting the baby’s room as soon as we got approved…… but we haven’t bought the paint yet…..  We will soon! 

You see, Erik’s birthday was March 24.  And you know what he wanted????  P90X.  Are you aware of this workout program?!  If not, you should look it up.  It is INTENSE!!!!  I decided if he was going to do this and get in better shape that I was going to join him!  It’s a DVD workout program that you do at home.  Erik was content with the idea of us doing it in our living room.  Not me.  Haha….  I wanted to transform our garage into a little gym!  J  Here’s a picture….


I also made some posters for motivation to hang in the garage/gym.  (the pic above was taken before I hung the posters)…  Here’s a few of the posters:

I made others that say- - “No excuses”, “No compromises”, “Bring It!”

We started on April 1.  And let me tell you- - it’s kicking our tails!!!!  I mean, for real.  We are literally sweating and out of breath before the WARM UP is over!!  Oh and let's not even talk about how stinkin' SORE we are!!!!  Surely we’ll be in good shape when this is all over...  It’s a 90 Day Program…We’re praying we can stick with it... surely we can!  J

Thank you for staying in touch with us!  I will keep you posted on our P90X progress and OF COURSE on any adoption news! 

I hope you all are well!  Have a great rest of the week!       

No comments:

Post a Comment