Monday, April 23, 2012

Family and Waiting

We were really busy this past weekend with family.  We spent most of the day Saturday with Erik’s family, his nephew spent the night with us and we had lunch at my parents’ house after church on Sunday.  (The lunch was in celebration of my dad’s birthday which was earlier this month).  My parents had a full house!....  16 of us, to be exact.  J
I really enjoy family time.  I love how close we are, the laughs, the food, the memories, the music, etc.  I especially love my nieces and nephews running around.  On Sunday, my 12 year old niece said, “Hey- I heard you had to take your baby to the emergency room!!?”  Then my 10 year old niece quickly ran over with the most excited expression I’ve ever seen and said, “YOU GOT A BABY?!?!?!”
Bless it.  My 12 year old niece was actually referring to Zoe, our dog.  (see previous post about her injury… by the way- she’s on the road to recovery!)  Oh, and my 12 year old niece made Zoe a Get Well Card.  So precious.

Waiting on our baby is always on my mind.  Of course it’s nice to know that it’s on our family’s mind as well….  But in another way it’s painful.  In this situation for instance, having to tell my little niece that, “No, honey, we haven’t gotten a baby yet” and to watch disappointment completely wash over her…. makes me ache.  It’s sweet.  But it’s sad.
(Sigh)…..
It also makes me sad when I think about how my sister and I used to talk about how one day we’d be taking vacations together with our husbands and small children.  I know we can still take vacations together but her children are already 12, 10 and 5.  To put a positive spin on it, I guess her children could be babysitting ours on our vacations.
(Sigh)…..  Okay, moving on….    
April 20 marked “1 Month Waiting”.  (You know, “officially” waiting).  This month really flew by!  We’re still super busy with “controlling the wait”.  We’re kind of on track with P90X. J  We stayed on track pretty well even through our minor injuries but I got sick last week (a cold and sore throat).  I skipped 2 days of workouts so I’m doubling up this week.  WOWZER!!  Tonight’s workout was a DOOZY!!
Having said that, I’m spent.  Clean sheets are on the bed and are calling my name. J  Have a wonderful week, friends.
“…we are happy because of the hope we have of sharing God's glory.  We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience.  And patience produces character, and character produces hope.  And this hope will never disappoint us, because God has poured out his love to fill our hearts…” ~Romans 5:2-5 NCV     

No comments:

Post a Comment