Monday, April 16, 2012

P90X and Projects

Whew!  I am TIRED!!  But I felt like I should do a quick blog post since I haven’t checked in in almost 2 weeks.  J

Let me tell you- - April got off to a rough start!  Erik strained a muscle in his neck/back on Day 3 of P90X.  On Day 9, I strained my calf muscle.  On Day 12, Zoe (our DOG) had to be taken to the animal ER and she has a slipped disc in her back and torn soft tissue!  (Clearly, she’s not doing our exercise routine but the timing of her injury was wild.)  The vet said this type of injury is common in small dogs.  Any wrong twist or jump can cause damage to their spine! She is recovering well but it’s very hard to follow the vet’s orders (keep her confined to her crate or small area for 14 days, no running, no jumping).  She’s super pitiful. 



Rascal (our cat) is so sweet and seems concerned about her.  He doesn’t leave her alone for long.  He stays close and just watches her.  Bless it. 



Erik and I on the other hand have fully recovered from our minor injuries.  J  Hopefully we’ve found the balance of “bringing it” while working out and “pacing ourselves”.  So, now we’re on Day 16 of P90X and we’re getting stronger and our endurance is increasing!  YAY!  We don’t really know how much weight we’ve lost because our scale is fluctuating.  We can weigh 3 times in a row and get 3 different readings.  Oh well.  At least we FEEL different!  J

We haven’t heard anything from our adoption agency and don’t really expect to until we get THE call!  We’re still praying that that call comes SOON!!  (YOUR prayers are appreciated too!!)….  Like I mentioned in my last post, we’re staying busy “controlling the wait”. 
*The first weekend in April we re-did our landscaping.  (oh my!! What a JOB!!!!)  It was Easter weekend and we spent some time that Sunday with family. 
*This past weekend we cleaned, I did my niece’s hair and make-up for prom, I sang with a band Saturday night (got home at 2am) and Erik and I sang on the praise team at church Sunday morning. 

Some projects that we have planned for the upcoming weekends are as follows:
*Plant flowers and a tree
*Pressure-wash the house
*Stain the deck
*Paint shutters
*Paint baby’s room

Of course among our busy schedules we have to squeeze in at least an hour a day for our P90X workout.  Oh- - not to mention we’re trying to follow their nutrition plan too.  That’s harder and can be more time consuming than the actual workouts!

Well, thanks for reading this mundane post!  Haha!  Our lives are busy but pretty normal right now.  I feel like we’re preparing ourselves and our home for a VERY special guest….. but a PERMANENT guest!!  So exciting....  I LOVE IT!!

"Dreams get you into the future and add excitement to the present." ~Robert Conklin

Have a great rest of the week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment