Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting to wait

This will be a quick update because I’m exhausted tonight!  I think I may actually get to bed somewhat early!! (whaaaaaat?!?! Meeee?!?! Haha)  J 
First of all- - I hope everybody had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!!  (Ours was nice…. We realize that there is a CHANCE this could have been our last Thanksgiving as non-parents!! ….. Crazy, huh?!  I HOPE we have our child/children by this time next year!! Wouldn’t that be AWESOME?!?!)  J
Just to break it down plain and simple- - we are still WAITING to WAIT.  We are WAITING to get a call from our case worker so we can MOVE FORWARD and get our home visit scheduled!!!! (So THEN we can get on the waiting list!!)
I’ve been emailing with the agency and they are waiting for two final documents before we can officially move forward.  The last things they need are both of our psychological evaluation results.  Do you even understand how frustrating that is to me?!?!  We had our psychological evaluations on September 8!!!! (Over 2 months ago!!!!)  I’ve been calling the psychologist for two weeks requesting that he send in the reports.  He finally called me back LAST Monday and apologized for getting behind.  He assured me that he’d get them to our agency by this PAST Monday.  You better believe I checked with our agency on Monday and again yesterday and….. THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE THEM!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr…..
In a way this gives me a complex- - - - like- - - - are we THAT complicated?!?!  Is something WRONG with us?!?!  Is THAT why it’s taking him forever to complete the reports?!?!  L  But surely not…… RiGhT?!?!
I’ll just have to take Mr. Psychologist at his word that he got behind…… and try not to read into it.  I mean, it was an intimidating enough process to begin with… and now this….
*sigh
So,…. that’s it!  We’re just  w a i t i n g  on these last few steps before we can get on the waiting list to officially wait!  I can’t WAIT to be WAITING for REAL!!!! J
“The longer you wait for something, the more you’ll appreciate it when you get it.  Cause anything worth having is definitely worth waiting…” ~Anonymous  (Can I get an AMEN up in here?!) J

2 comments:

  1. There is always the chance that he is taking longer than expected because he knows yours won't take long as there is not much to say but good! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even know you guys were in the adoption process - how exciting for you and a sweet little one! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete