Monday, September 19, 2011

For crying out loud- we're HEALED!

Our Adoption Benefit Dinner is SOON!  (October 8)  I’ve been completely….. hmm…. Consumed doesn’t even seem to adequately describe it.  I’ve just been living and breathing the plans.  Thinking and re-thinking how we’ll do things, the order we’ll do them in and trying to incorporate “fun” things all while not making the night drag on too long.  I’m VERY thankful for the people in my life that are helping in every way they can.  THANK YOU!!  Although you hear me talk about how much this is weighing on me, YOU are helping me not stress too much.  THANKS!   J
Alongside planning our benefit, we’ve managed to design and sell “Moses was adopted” t-shirts!  This is a great way for us to earn proceeds for our adoption and raise awareness about adoption in general!   We’ve already sold more than we expected!   What a blessing!!!!  (Ignore the poor quality of the picture..)  Here’s the design….
Its front and back, $20 and comes in Grey, Turquoise or Red. (Let me know if you want one!!) J

Oh yeah- - and we’ve been keeping up with our weekly Adoption “homework”.  We have our last class tomorrow night in Brentwood.  We completed our homework tonight (that’s due tomorrow) and got so stinkin’ frustrated!  We had to answer questions about what challenges we are facing with our child! ….. Ahem.  Let me remind you- - we do NOT have our child yet!  We also had to answer questions about how we need to travel the healing journey to resolve issues or hurts from our past.  We had 10 questions about that ONE thing!!!!  We were struggling to think about how we need to “heal” from our past.  We finally just kept saying- - For crying out loud! We’re HEALED!! Haha!  (I wish we could have put that down as our answer).

“He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”  Psalm 147:3 NLT  J

I’m living and breathing ADOPTION.  I AM READY FOR OUR CHILD OR CHILDREN!!  Sometimes it’s hard to focus on everyday life.  I’m easily “offended” for our child and I don’t even know what gender, race, age, etc he or she will be.  He or she IS OURS.  He/she will be no less “ours” than a biological child.  Oh we yearn for him/her.  Please continue praying with us.  Thanks!

“Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.  Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him…”  Proverbs 37:4-7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment