Thursday, August 25, 2011

We were orphans too

I've kind of had a rough day today.  One of those: "if something could go wrong, it did", "anything that was said or done hurt my feelings" kind of days.

 Yuck.


I feel like we have "big" things going on in our lives.  OF COURSE our adoption but also trying to figure out where we need to "be" to really glorify God and help grow His Kingdom.  He's opening our eyes to soooo many things through this adoption process.  Its great!  And also an emotional rollercoaster.


Today I was reflecting a lot on the fact that WE too were orphans before the Lord "adopted" us. 


"Because of his love, God had already decided to make us his own children through Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:5 NLT


I love that.  I would be nothing without the Lord.... without being in His family.... without Him as my father.... without His love.... 


This led to me yearning that much more to welcome OUR sweet baby into our home.... into our family.... to introduce him/her to the Lord and love them with His love.... and watch a beautiful story unfold.... *sigh*


I am impatient. 
I. want. our. child.............. yesterday.


I was struggling to find encouragement within but turned to a devotional.  It's too good not to share.  (This is an excerpt by Max Lucado that's in my Bible).  It was EXACTLY what I needed today (and a lot of days!)  A coincidence that this was the page I turned to?.... I think not. ;o)


Strength
"You get impatient with your own life, trying to master a habit or control a sin- - and in your frustration begin to wonder where the power of God is.  Be patient.  God is using today's difficulties to strengthen you for tomorrow.  He is equipping you.  The God who makes things grow will help you bear fruit.


God did not leave you as an orphan.  He says he will be with you always.  All of us could use some more strength- - who isn't trying to tackle an attitude or put away a bad habit or overcome guilt?  We can't see the power, but it's real- - we're not alone.


As long as we have hope, as long as we recognize that this world is not our home, as long as we recognize that some day all of our problems will be solved, that is where we will gather our strength."


"The LORD is my strength and my shield;  my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."  Psalm 28:7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment