Monday, August 1, 2011

This Friday!

We are very excited about Friday!  It’s the Adoption Orientation!!!!  It’s an all day thing… so can you just IMAGINE how much information we’ll leave with?!  YESSSS!! J

Thankfully, these first few steps of the process are moving rather quickly for us!  We are pumped about that but nervous that we’re getting spoiled to the speediness only to come to a screeching halt in just a little while.  I told Erik just last night….

“Man,.. I can’t wait until Friday, can you?!  This week is going to be torture!” 
No response was needed. 
He looked at me with his sweet, kind eyes and just smiled…. 
Then it hit me…. “Oh crap.  How am I ever going to get through this w h o l e process?!?!”  

I’m all impatient with having to wait ONE week!! That is NOTHING in adoption world time….*sigh*

It. Will. Be. Worth. It.

Side note:  Several people have been asking us if we want a boy or girl, etc.  Here are some very basic things that we are open to….

*0-2 years
*Boy OR Girl (or both)
*Any race
*Multiple births (twins, triplets... we'll take them!)
*Siblings (i.e. If the baby has an older brother or sister, we’d adopt them too!)

There are other more intimate things that you have to select whether or not you’re okay with.  Of course medical, physical, mental concerns, birthparents’ history, etc are some of the categories.  We haven’t gotten to the very detailed paperwork yet about this but are already praying for guidance with those choices that we have to make.

So far we feel extremely calm and have an extraordinary peace about this process.  Sure, I have my moments of freaking out but that’s mainly just when it hits me that this is happening…. That there is a very good chance I will become a mommy in the near future.

Oh my.  It gets me every time.  Let me get some tissues.  ;o)

Happy Monday!!!!  (and may Friday come soon).  J

“My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident.  No wonder I can sing your praises!”  ~Psalm 57:7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment