Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kinda nervous

*We are juuuust about finished with our “self studies”.  We only have 2 questions left to answer.  I’ve handwritten 26 ½ pages of answers so far.  (It’s intense… AND I’m detail oriented).  Erik was handwriting his but decided he could think better if he typed his answers.  (His is 8 pages long so far.. typed).
*Every week we have 2 pages of questions to complete for our Adoption Classes (questions about books we’re reading and different articles).  I’m not sure if they’re that time consuming on their own or if we’re just really slow doing them….. but they take us forever to complete.  BUT we’re learning a lot! J  We will at least feel like we’re somewhat prepared for parenting challenges!
*We’ve partnered with 2 different companies to help fundraise for our adoption (Just Love Coffee and Olive Tree Promise).  (You can see the links to the right of the page). J  Also, we’ve scheduled our primary fundraiser for October 8!!  We’ll have a Benefit Dinner with live music and silent auction items.  We will make and print tickets this week and start pre-selling them so we’ll have an idea of how much food to purchase/prepare…..  I’m nervous!........  I’m nervous no one will come! …. Surely they will, right?? …… (Okay…. I just wrote that like this was my diary)……. But…. Seriously…. Ya’ll will come, right?!  Oh please come……..  And invite everyone you know!  J  
I’m all worked up….  I’m anxious about getting all of our paperwork and homework done....  I’m eagerly anticipating next month’s appointments (expectations consultation, psychological evaluations, physical exams)….  I’m scared about the Benefit Dinner…. 
I’m just kinda nervous feeling…… And I don’t love that….. 
Everything is moving right along, for which I am very thankful.  I need to focus on THAT.  I know it WILL all work out…. 
(I feel like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz… instead of clicking my heels and saying “There’s no place like home”, I feel like closing my eyes and saying repeatedly, “It WILL all work out,  It WILL all work out....”….haha) J
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”  Philippians 4:6 NIV
“Don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”  Matthew 6:34 NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment