Monday, August 15, 2011

My husband's heart

We’re staying busy with all of our adoption paperwork.  Although it’s kind of stressful making sure we’re thorough and honest all while making sure to not make ourselves/families sound TOO crazy, it’s really fun too! J

My favorite part of this paperwork is rediscovering my husband’s heart.  I must say…. it really is quite beautiful.   

We’re having to answer what most would consider “difficult” questions.  These are about what “kind” of child we prefer to adopt.  It covers their heritage, birthmother’s history, birthfather’s history, illnesses, ETC.  It’s hard to describe the warmth my heart feels when I come to a question that I’m afraid Erik will say “no” to and he doesn’t even hesitate with answering “yes”.  The conversations we’re having about our soon-to-be child and their birthfamilies are making me appreciate Erik on a whole new level. 

What a man, what a man!!        

I probably sound like a broken record, but I CANNOT WAIT to meet our sweet, sweet child!! (or children!!)

If we have a girl, I pray that she chooses a husband like her daddy.  If we have a boy, I pray that he models himself after his daddy.     Oh…… I just CAN’T WAIT!!

So, I guess this entry is a shout out to ERIK!  I love you, Erik.  And thank you for practicing ALL of the fruits of the Spirit….

“But the Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…”  Galations 5:22-23 NCV

I am incredibly blessed to be married to a man of God. 

 “But you, man of God, … live in the right way, serve God, have faith, love, patience, and gentleness.”  I Timothy 6:11 NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment