Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is me, being real

I have lots of thoughts swarming around in my head and lots of decisions to make.  I talk to my husband, family and friends and keep a prayer journal but I feel that I need more organization to my thoughts.  So, here is my attempt at having my thought processes organized.... a Blog.  ;o) 

(Disclaimer:  I do not expect lots of, if any, followers.  I'd rather at least feel like I'm talking to someone else, instead of myself while organizing my thoughts.  This Blog is a way for me to feel completely transparent.  I've always been a "what you see is what you get" type of person and even in some of the most personal things, I find great peace and comfort in.... well.... putting it all out there, I guess.) 

I guess this first post will be a little bit of our history to bring you up to date on everything.

Erik and I have been happily married for 5 years!  We both have always known we wanted to be parents but never knew when we would "know" we were ready.  If you know me at all, you know how highly I think of Erik.  He is my everything.  He is godly, compassionate, loving, patient, wise, gentle, sincere, forgiving, meek, understanding, responsible, polite, talented, romantic, consistent, comforting, honest, supportive.... I could go on.  We have thoroughly been on cloud 9 our entire marriage.  We love spending time with each other and have wanted for nothing more than to continue in our joyful bliss. (sorry if thats sickening.. haha)

Well, we wanted nothing more until December 2009.  We decided it was time to SHARE THE LOVE!  We have so much love for each other and it brings us to tears just imagining loving a child,.. our child,.. that God chooses to bless us with.  We decided we were "ready" for all of the extra responsibility and stress but most importantly ready to grow our family and grow in our love for one another and for the Lord. 

We have always known that we wanted to adopt AND have a biological child/ren.  Our plan was: once we're ready, we'll have a biological child or children then adopt a little later in life when we're more financially secure.  As we were prayerfully trying to conceive, some things led us to putting it on hold for a few months.  We felt God was telling us to wait.  We had no idea why... but thats part of faith, right?  Just do what you are told.  Praying every day, asking God what He wanted for us, we felt we had an answer.  We started trying to conceive again in June 2010.  In December 2010 I decided to finally go to my OBGYN and to a Naturopathic Doctor and see if something was wrong since we still had not conceived.  Basically I was told that I wasn't ovulating, had elevated levels of estrogen and *might* have PCOS (polycystic ovarian sydrome), although my bloodwork did not support that diagnosis.  I was given some prescriptions by my OBGYN but chose to start a regimen of supplements given to me by my Naturopathic Doctor. 

So here we are, mid June 2011 and are still praying, still hoping and still waiting.  God is revealing to us some exciting things and I will post again later to bring you even more up to date. 

Thank you for listening,.. err... reading.  We are praying for our desires to be aligned with God's will.  We would appreciate your prayers too as we try so hard to completely give this over to God..... Thanks again! ♥

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this. I love my blogs. It's so nice to be able to find people that are on the same journey you are and get to know each other even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory, I MUST send you a personal message after reading your first blog post! We have some things in common, it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory, You have a wonderful gift for writing. I am in awe of your amazing talent for putting your thoughts to pen. Your persistance in prayer will bring your request in due time. God answers prayer in His time and when that time comes in will be the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you started this! It will be interesting seeing how your journey unfolds.. in God's time! So exciting!! We'll continue praying and we're so happy for yall! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete