Thursday, December 22, 2011

GUESS WHAT?!?!

OUR HOME VISIT IS SCHEDULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our case worker called this morning at 11:20am.  I missed her call (!! Gasp !!) and she left a message.  I called her back at 11:42am and she didn’t answer (!! Gasp !!) but I left her a message.  She called me back at 12:02pm and I ANSWERED! J  I just know that she could sense the excitement in every word I spoke.  Even when I answered, “Hello?!?!”  I feel like she snickered a little.  Haha!  Also, I did not hold back in letting her know how wOnDeRfUl it was to hear from her!!  J 
She suggested that we schedule our home visit for sometime in January.  (I was thinking- - please let it be the first week, please let it be the first week).  She asked if there were certain days or times that were better for us and I quickly replied- - “ANY day or time!  We’ll make it work!!!!”
So, folks, our home visit is scheduled for Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 8am!!!!!!! J  YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Words can’t describe what a relief it is to have this scheduled.  Now I can regain that pep in my step and get this house ready!! J  With it being the first week of January, do you think we could leave our Christmas stuff up?!  At first I was thinking that leaving them up would make the house feel  more welcoming and warm.  I still think that, but I’m also thinking about what a process it is to take everything down.  It would add so many more steps to the “getting the house ready” process.  Hmmmm…????  I can’t decide. 
Either way- - we are so EXCITED!!!!  It felt like we had this little dark cloud hovering over us, not knowing when we could complete this next big step in getting closer to our child. 
“A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.”  Proverbs 15:13 NIV
I felt like my spirit was being crushed…. BUT!!  That dark cloud that was hovering over us and breaking our hearts has been lifted and we are MOVING forward again!  J  Oh- and I’m off work ALL next week!!  How perfect!!  I can’t wait to start cleaning!!  (Cue “Happy Little Working Song” from Enchanted)  haha!  “You can do a lot when you’ve got such a happy working tune to hum….” 
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!!  We love y’all and pray you’ll be filled with joy and have a very Merry Christmas!!!!
“I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in him. Then your hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit.”  Romans 15:13 NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment