Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Listening!

It is no secret that I've had a rough day dealing with my emotions (hence earlier blog post).  It may be a little over-kill to blog twice in one day, but I HAD to share this real fast.

 
Yesterday, Erik and I stumbled upon a blog where a lady was talking about adopting through fostercare.  This sparked our attention because this was ONE route we hadn't seriously considered yet.  Later that night while we were having our "heart to heart" with God, we asked Him to open our eyes to this option of foster/adoption if that's what He wanted for us.  We asked Him specifically to use the people around us to help direct us because we feel overwhelmed and were basically begging for more direction.

 
Well, TODAY my mother-in-law emailed me this article BEFORE she read my post from earlier today.
http://www.guideposts.org/inspirational-stories/actress-nia-vardalos-adoption

 
Erik and I freaked out.  Okay, God... We're LISTENING!! :o)  It is EXACTLY the same type of adoption we stumbled upon yesterday......  There is NO denying that God used Sherry (my wonderful mom-in-law) to open our eyes, comfort us and encourage us tonight. 

 
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."  ~Colossians 4:2 NIV

I guess now the question is.... Is this the route God wants us to go?  Or does He just want us to thoroughly consider all of our options?  Maybe we will learn something new from exploring this possible route?  WHO KNOWS?!.... Well, of course,.... God knows...  ;o)  And Him just..... uhm... for a lack of better words,..... "stepping up His game" haha....  made me really feel His presence in this again.  I think I lost that a bit with my lists, questions and stinkin' PLANS.

Well, I feel so much better and can rest well tonight, praise the Lord! I can't thank you all enough for your kind words, prayers and for reaching out to me today when I needed it so badly.  I love all of you and please know that you are beautiful instruments of the Lord.

 
"I thank my God every time I remember you, always praying with joy for all of you."  ~Philippians 1:3-4 NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment