Sunday, May 10, 2015

It's Mother's Day and I Have Something To Say

I've been absent from the Blogging World for some time now..  Let's see.. for *ahem..* looks like almost 2 years?!  Our lives have been wonderfully chaotic.  :)  

Quick update:
*September 18, 2013:  We brought "new sweet little baby" home!!  We named her Lilliana Mae Carter (meaning "shining light" and "wished for child".)  She was/is the perfect addition to our family!  I could go on and on about Lilliana but will save it for a post all about her at a later date.  <3

*May 2, 2014:  Lilliana's adoption was finalized!

*August 2014:  Sold our house is less than 24 hours and moved in with my parents while we built a house 1 mile down the road from them!  

*November 2014:  We moved into our new house and are loving the extra space.  :)


NOW- Today...  It's Mother's Day.. And I have something to say.

Mother's day is bittersweet for me.
"Children born to another woman call me mommy.  The magnitude and the tragedy of that privelege are not lost on me."  ~Jody Landers

I am overwhelmed at the blessing that is mine.  I am Arabella Rose and Lilliana Mae's mommy.  It is a dream come true.  The greatest gift anyone could give me are these girls.  I cherish their laughs, their smell, their voices, their kisses and their hugs.  I praise God daily for them.  But it feels incomplete some days.  And especially on Mother's Day.  You see, God chose a special angel here on earth to carry my babies in her womb.  And she lovingly handed them over to me.  

I do not know her. 
I've never met her.
I've never seen a picture of her.

But I love her.  
And I miss her.

How can I miss someone I've never met?  Because I see her in my babies' eyes.  

I'd love to give her a hug.  To say a prayer with her.  Tell her how brave, strong and selfless she is and that she made my dream a reality.  That God chose HER to answer our prayers.  That when I say being a mommy is my greatest blessing, SHE'S included in that.  She is not forgotten.  I think of her every day...  Because when I praise God for my girls daily, I praise Him for her.  

"Every good action and every perfect gift is from God..." ~John 1:17 NCV

"I thank my God every time I remember you."  ~Phillipians 1:3 NCV


No comments:

Post a Comment