Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lessons Learned

God’s really working on us during this "wait".  He’s challenging us to be content in every circumstance.
“…I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  Philippians 4:11 NIV
He’s also challenging us to listen to His voice, to stop worrying, to be patient and to simply TRUST HIM.  We all know the following verse quite well…
“Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding.”  Proverbs 3:5 NCV
There’s no telling how many times I’ve read and/or heard that verse.  But man- - it means so much more to me these days.  I’ve never really struggled with trusting God before…. before now.  It’s fairly easy for me to trust Him to provide our daily needs, to protect us from evil, to comfort us when we’re hurting, etc.  But do I trust Him when it comes to our child/children?  Do I trust that He knows exactly what we need and when we need it?? 
I do…. logically.  But in my heart?  (“Trust the Lord with ALL your heart..”)……  I’m working on it.
It’s really comforting how God is using His people to encourage and support us during this time.  One recent example:  I didn’t realize that I needed a lesson on “Balance”.  But I did.  God knew that, and used my Coach (from the fitness boot camp I’m going to) to give me some guidance on it. 
He has this motto- - “The Goal Is To Roll”.  Coach Rod can do a better job of explaining this- - but the gist is that our life is basically divided into 7 important categories (Family, Future, etc..) Most of us spend the majority of our time in only a couple areas of our lives and we end up feeling overwhelmed, dissatisfied and unenergetic.  In order to live enriched, balanced lives, we should spend close to the same amount of time in each category.
This was a very important lesson for me because I tend to obsess over a thing or two at a time.  J  Lately, (obviously), it’s been our adoption process.  Several areas of my life suffer because I’m so exhausted after spending hours and hours invested into future planning and family time.  Fitness was way down on my list but I’m reminded that everything we do is worship.  As a result, I’m working on living a balanced life so I can glorify God to my fullest potential.  J 
“You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies.”  I Corinthians 6:19-20 NCV

I guess that’s a long way to say,…… Thank you Coach Rod!  You are a blessing!!  And friends- - if y’all need extra motivation to get your fitness goals on the right track and some encouragement to get your lives balanced- - PLEASE contact Coach Rod (www.coachrodkey.com).  He is an awesome Christian man blessed with the gift of encouragement and motivation.  I’m positive you’ll be blessed by working with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment